So, I'm back with a Pins to Projects post [finally]
It's been a busy (but fun!) weekend, so I haven't gotten around
to posting until now...
And I am so excited to share this week's projects with you.
They are both food.
Mmm I love food.
That's what I thought - EVERYONE does.
And, both of these recipes are sure to be crowd pleasers.
I'm already planning on making both again!
1. Mini Corn Dog Muffins
|Okay, I'll admit the mini corn dogs from the original poster (see source above!)|
are definitely prettier...but I bet mine were just as YUMMY
|He's too young for the hot dog part, but the little guy found a new favorite food - mmm corn muffin!|
These little muffins of loveliness are a new favorite around here.
They'd make an excellent football food and are SO EASY to make.
Check out the linked [source] above for the original recipe.
I cheated and made it even easier.
1. Mix up some Jiffy (or whatever brand) corn muffin mix
2. Place one tablespoon of batter into each hole of a mini muffin tin
3. Place one sliced hot dog piece on top of each mini muffin cup - I got about
7 or 8 little pieces per hot dog.
4. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown on top
I'm already thinking of how to dress these up in the future...
How about putting some chopped pickled jalapeno in the batter? Yes please!
2. Stuffed Pepper Soup
|She ate this entire bowl in about 2 minutes flat. Kid approved!|
See the source above (Skinny Taste - yeah, it's HEALTHY) and follow
the recipe exactly if you like, because it is seriously that good.
I made just a few modifications...
- added some basil and oregano (did not use marjoram)
- served topped with feta (I recommend not skipping this step)
If you like stuffed peppers, you'll LOVE this soup
and its' so much easier than bothering with stuffed peppers.
It cooks up quickly too, so it'd be an excellent weeknight meal.
Definitely, absolutely, positively cook the rice seprataely and
serve it over top the soup. Do not cook the rice in the soup
or it'll be all nasty and mushy. Don't ruin yummy soup!
Oh, this also makes a generous portion, so it's great
for leftovers and freezing for future meals - only 2
of my favorite things!
Don't be shy, it's your turn to link up!
Just a few guidelines:
1. Please link up to your **specific blog post** relating to completing a pinning project (Don't be shy, because it can be ANYTHING - recipes, kid projects, a new fashion trick you tried, a budget tip, printables, etc.)
you may find your pinning inspiration for next week!
And, if you can't join this week, there's always next week!